Thursday, November 10, 2005

 

I'm going to wear a house

At the moment my life is unlike that of an island prison, but at least I know I'll be released soon, as the food is appalling.
Right now I have a huge amount of uni work to finish off for the next week, which has not been helped by the fact that I'm working full time in a warehouse. I can't really sit down for an extended period of time and do a cool blog entry so if you're still reading this piece of underwear, please sit tight as it'll happen soon.
For 45 hours a week I'm part of the working class of the suburbs, and it's great. Days are filled with guys abusing each other based on sexuality, race, sexuality, race again, stupidity and so on. Today a guy poured sugar in another guys' lap in the kitchen, and the other day someone thought it would be funny to put the same guys' newspaper in the bin so that he then spent ages looking for it and blaming other people. There's a shit cafe around the corner that relies on keeping its food hot in a bain marie all day, so who knows when it was actually cooked. A hamburger with the lot turned out to be hamburger with the not. It was soggy and they might as well have sold me a sponge.
It's a different world I'm in right now, and it's very surreal but really interesting. I doubt I'll have so many nice words for it by the end of my run there which will end in five weeks.

It's a bit of a laugh, but full respect to the guys who the job that I'm doing their whole lives, as after a week I'm working out whether or not to start drinking to get through the day.

Stay cool.

Comments:
We should catch up when you're all done. I even have many thousand more words for you to devour, should you feel so inclined.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home